I had the best day with you...

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Nights

     Recently we were in Pigeon Forge where we spend alot of time in the summer since Kenny and the kids perform. We had a free afternoon and we went to a local show where they performed oldies songs and songs from the movie Grease. As I listened to those songs it took me back, that was my fav movie and I still know all the words! They sang Summer Nights and I started thinking about these few summer nights we have left. It was truly a great summer even though it flew by.
     We seen the last space shuttle take off, we toured the U.S.S. Yorktown in Charleston S.C., we learned I not only get car sick in the car but also in the rocking chair (I know it's pitiful). We loved seashell hunting, night swims and crablegs.
     I watched as Savanna admired four teenage girls in the pool. She lurked around watching and listening to everything they did. I looked at her and remembered when she was 3 or 4 and we would ask her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she would answer "a teenager". It was cute but I know I will blink my eyes and that dream will be reality. I am saddened to see our summer of ministry, family time, family performances come to an end. Lane is entering the 8th grade and Savanna the 4th grade, the years are flying. Soon we will be right in the middle of school schedules, football, and cheerleading. Family time will be hard to come by and Kenny will be loading up without us. I have alot to accomplish before next summer but maybe every now and then I can still feel a carefree summer night!
                                                         Till next time,
                                                           Maryann

No comments:

Post a Comment